Sunday, September 26, 2010

Notes on the 2010 NYFF: THE SOCIAL NETWORK press conference

The New York Film Festival has been kind enough to provide, for those of us without cameras, full coverage of the post-screening press conference for The Social Network, with writer Aaron Sorkin, star Jesse Eisenberg, director David Fincher, and stars Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake in the hot seats. I was there in the third row, middle seat, but I couldn't get my question in (I really wanted to ask about Erica Albright, the character played by Rooney Mara in the very first scene, and whether she was a real person and, if so, if she could somehow be considered the "inspiration" for Facebook). At any rate, I thought I'd provide the full press conference here on filmicability. By the way, I found David Fincher to be a very funny guy (there's a tiny bit that's cut out of the video below: at the beginning of the second part, a question is lobbed about Fincher's technical prowness, and the reporter mentions that Never Let Me Go director Mark Romanek said Fincher can recite the back page of any manual, and Fincher playfully said under his breath "What a dick!"). Anyway, here we go:


No comments: