Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Alphabet Meme, filmicability-style

The idea, first proposed by Fletch at Blog Cabins: the alphabet, a to z, as represented by film titles. The only thing is: I've added numbers 0-9, too (yes, I know Fletch had a rule about this...but I ignored it--sue me). So we have:

A - Annie Hall
B - Breaking the Waves
C - City Lights
D - David and Lisa
E - Eraserhead
F - Fanny and Alexander
G - Godfather
H - Hard Day's Night
I - It's a Wonderful Life
J - Jean De Florette
K - Kramer Vs. Kramer
L - Lawrence of Arabia
M - Magnificent Ambersons
N - Napoleon
O - O Lucky Man!
P - Passion of Joan D'Arc
Q - Queen Christina
R - Rear Window
S - Sherman's March
T - Touch of Evil
U - Umberto D.
V - Vertigo
W - Wild Bunch
X - X-The Man With the X-Ray Eyes
Y - You Can Count On Me
Z - Zulu
0 - Zero for Conduct
1 - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
2 - 2001: A Space Odyssey
3 - Three Women
4 - 400 Blows
5 - 5000 Fingers of Dr. T
6 - Six Pack
7 - Se7en
8 - 8 Women
9 - 9 to 5

3 comments:

C. L. DeMedeiros said...

Neat!

Ténèbres à la lumière... said...

Hi! Treadway,
A very nice! list of films with some of my favorites films listed too!...
...Dean said,"I've added numbers 0-9, too (yes, I know Fletch had a rule about this...but I ignored it--sue me)."
Ahh! That "rebel" spirit shining through!

The Dame

Joel Bocko said...

Looks like we have a six-film overlap (you can see my list here: http://thedancingimage.blogspot.com/2008/11/x-does-not-mark-spot.html ). Curiously, there were no Lynch films on my list, but there was some tight competition...Lawrence of Arabia vs. Lost Highway, Masculin Feminin vs. Mulholland Drive, Taxi Driver vs. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. Why couldn't he have directed a movie that started with "X"?

Great video, by the way. I was originally looking for a Sesame Street photo to accompany my post, and while I didn't find one I await the opportunity to use the picture of the number 1 flying over a nest full of cuckoo birds.