Friday, July 16, 2010

THE SOCIAL NETWORK trailer is so damn good, it might make you cry with anticipation

I rarely post new trailers on filmicability. In fact, only the one for Inglourious Basterds predates this. But the new preview for David Fincher's upcoming Facebook epic qualifies almost as a film unto itself; it does what every preview wants to do but can't, because it's too busy trying to shock you with flashes, booms, and dynamic changes. Feeling that Fincher himself may have overseen this piece's creation, I cannot let this achievement, in the age of piss-poor trailers, go unnoticed. Promo producers: this is how you do it, alright? That's a heartfelt suggestion. You're welcome.

3 comments:

Indiephantom said...

Well, I hope it's as good as ZODIAC. I'm a bit concerned from what I'm seeing here, though. Is this going to be pro-Facebook? Pro social networking? I'm kind of sensing less of a critique and more of a commercial.

Dean Treadway said...

I'm sensing a movie about the cutthroat tactics that come with success. Facebook could be any idea---the light bulb...

Dean Treadway said...

Also, I do think it's going to be critical to the idea that socializing has been shifted from face-to-face to computer-to-computer...