Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love Theme from Halloween (R.I.P. Patrick Flynn 1961-2009)


My very best friend Patrick Flynn passed away on May 20th, and as John Carpenter's Halloween was one of his favorite movies, I thought I'd write these bad-taste lyrics for Carpenter's eerie electronic theme for the movie. Hey, it's silly, but Patrick would have dug it. Thanks to Bill Tomey for the idea, and you can hear the theme below!

LOVE THEME FROM HALLOWEEN

(BACKGROUND MELODY)

Jab jab jab
Stab stab stab
Kill kill kill
Jab jab jab
Still I go and
Stalk stalk stalk
Walk walk walk
Die die die
Fall down and die
And get up again
Up again, up again, up again
Then I go after you
After you, after you, after you
You and those brats of yours
Brats of yours, brats of yours, brats of yours
Friends are total idiots
Idiots, idiots, idiots
They will feel my shiny blade
Shiny blade, shiny blade, shiny blade
Certainly the boogey man
boogey man, boogey man, boogey man
Glide around and
(repeat ad nauseum)

(MAIN MELODY)
Halloween night
Taste my fright
Run all night
Without light
Dropping the knife

Disbelieving
Always greiving
Finding friends dead
Headstone on bed
Donald Pleasence
Fancy presence
Scardy head shrink
while in the klink
But I'm free now
Wear a mask now
William Shatner
What's it matter?
Where's my sister?
How I missed her
Want to tell her
Stab and smell her
Jamie Lee, you're
Chaste and clean, you're
All I wanted
To send to hell on...
(repeat)

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Dean Treadway said...

Thanks, Stacia. He was a great guy. Theree will be a showing of some of his film and video work at the Plaza in Atlanta, GA on June 25th at 6 pm. Getting together with those who loved him will be quite healing. And I'm writing a longer article about him to appear on that day.
Again, thanks for the kind words.