Friday, April 6, 2012

CINEMA GALLERY: 30 brand new entries!

It's been a long time since I added to my CINEMA GALLERY, so today I found 30 more shots I felt were worthy of inclusion in this ongoing meme.  As always, I implore you to click on each photo so you can see it writ large, and I urge you to play along and guess which movies from which these scenes hail.  The titles, including the films' directors and release years, follow at the end of the piece.  Enjoy!































1) Amadeus (Milos Forman, 84)
2) The Incredible Mr. Limpet (Arthur Lubin, 64)
3) eXistenZ (David Cronenberg, 99)
4) The Round-Up (Miklos Jancso, 66)
5) Spirals (Oscar Fischinger, 26)
6) Quick Change (Bill Murray and Howard Franklin, 90)
7) Phone Booth (Joel Schumacher, 2002)
8) Robocop (Paul Verhoeven, 87)
9) Unbreakable (M. Night Shyamalan, 2000)
10) Westworld (Michael Crichton, 73)
11) Tin Toy (John Lasseter, 88)
12) American Splendor (Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini, 2003)
13) Friends With Money (Nicole Holofcener, 2006)
14) Chinatown (Roman Polanski, 74)
15) The French Connection (William Friedkin, 71)
16) The Boys Next Door (Penelope Spheeris, 85)
17) Django (Sergio Corbucci, 66)
18) Downhill Racer (Michael Richie, 69)
19) White Hunter Black Heart (Clint Eastwood, 90)
20) The Cider House Rules (Lasse Hallstrom, 99)
21) My Fair Lady (George Cukor, 64)
22) The Electric Horseman (Sydney Pollack, 79)
23) A Man Escaped (Robert Bresson, 66)
24) The Living Desert (James Algar and Walt Disney, 53)
25) 'night, Mother (Tom Moore, 86)
26) Once Upon A Time in America (Sergio Leone, 84)
27) Hardware Wars (Ernie Fosselius, 78)
28) Edvard Munch (Peter Watkins, 74)
29) O Brother Where Art Thou? (Joel and Ethan Coen, 2000)
30) Battle Royale (Kenji Fukasaku, 2000)

3 comments:

Joel Bocko said...

Welcome back! My favorites were the last 5, though I've only seen Once Upon a Time in America & Battle Royale among them - yeah, I still haven't seen O Brother! Although based on the caps, I may actually be seeking out Hardware Wars first (I vaguely remember hearing of it from my SW fanatic days, but never saw it)...

Lisa said...

Beautiful!! I wish...I wish...I wish I were a fish....

xoxoxoxo

Dean Treadway said...

Thanks, Lisa!